Friday, August 29, 2008

Where did all of this stash come from??!!!

As my Booty Skirt project slowly died, I realized that I need to start a new project. I have a few in mind, but I needed to organize my studio and find out exactly what stash I had. WOW!! I know that I bought a few skeins in NYC (etc), but geesh! they must be doing naughty things in that bin because I don't remember having THIS MUCH stash!! I always said that I would never get to the scrapcrapbooking level where I am embarrassed to show anyone the amount of stuff I own and will never, even if I live to be 2000 years old, get to the end of the supplies. Well, it appears that I am well on my way to that point. Granted, I did inherit a lot of stash from family and friends who attempted to knit and failed, but I know those handpainted yarns did not come from beginners. ;)

I am heading out to a knitting retreat held by All About Yarn soon. The stash has been logged and categorized and I am determined to diminish that pile.

After reading a few frustrating posts from the Lelah top, I've decided to knit the Inspired to Knit halter top, Ribbed Halter by Michele Rose Orne with that yarn instead. I am in love with halter tops right now. I also have enough yarn to knit the Knitty Shetland Shorty. I am excited to try, try again!

No comments: