Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Knitting a Cat Scarf

My boyfriend and I were joking about growing old. I said I would become the crazy old lady, sitting in her rocking chair, knitting at all hours of the day and night, and watching the neighbors come and go out the window. He said, “Hey! I want you to knit a scarf for Puddy (his cat).” It gets cold in his studio during the winter. My personal belief is that his cat is way too cool to wear a human item, but now I am obsessed with thinking about knitting a cat scarf. I had a great idea to knit a mouse head on one end and a tail on the other. Ravelry has some good ideas to put to good use.

The UFO Olympics has really lit a fire under my behind. I am just a few inches away from knitting the ruffles on my Booty Skirt! Once I finished the decreases, then the stockingnet stitch went by lighting fast. Why is it that I am always in a rush to finish a project when I am swamped at work?! Oh yea...I am always swamped and on deadline at work, that’s why…

My co-addicted friend and I signed up for a knitting retreat in early September through All About Yarn. We are staying in a cabin in the woods!!! Three days of knitting and eating and drinking. Nice! It doesn’t get much better than that, my friends. I need to organize my projects so I have a lot of variety during the retreat—especially things that I can knit while tipsy. My A.D.D. will be tested to the limits if I don't have a lot of projects to work on.

I have two Stitch n Bitches planned at my house over the next week. A chance to visit with the girls and a reason to clean my house. We hope the weather will be nice to sit on my huge deck and enjoy the remainder of the summer.

No comments: