I had so much fun creating the little chicken for beccalou for the Spring Fling Coffee Swap. I had seen a similar guy at the 3 Kittens yarn shop and I knew that I wanted to make him. I had some fuzzy maribou that was intended for the hood of the Simple Knit Cabled Hoodie, but I knew that the hood was too wackadoo for it to look good. It made perfect hair for him. I used some of the mistake felt from the first attempt at the Loopy Purse.
I am currently working on The Key West Tempting Sweater. I will do the three-needle sleeves this weekend. I picked up some silk/rayon at 3 Kittens. It is a varigated (yes, I am working with varigated yarn) in lime, pink, and purple. I think it was the combination of those 3 colors that swung me to the dark side. It is only a matter of time before I am knitting those darn stinking socks that everyone is doing.
I cast on using bamboo needles (acceptable TSA-approved non-weapons). I got three rows into it and was just about ready to stab myself in the jugular with them. I LOVE my Addi Turbos and the bamboos are just too sticky for me to enjoy. I swung into Knit Wits to pick up some Addis and I was on my way. Knit Wits was a very charming, clean shop with colorful yarns, but not much variety. They certainly saved me many hours of frustration on what was supposed to be a chill vacation. The staff was very pleasant and could not relate to my my hatred for the bamboo. :)
Since I also needed a single stitch marker, she pointed me next door to the bead store, Beads of Distinction. Altho the worker there assisted me in what I needed, she b**ched and moaned and complained the entire time. I thought to myself, "Lady, I am taking up 2 minutes of your time today, don't sweat the small stuff." I think I was taking time away from her personal beading fun and she couldn't be bothered with a $1.50 purchase.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment