Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Coffee Swap Question #4

Let’s pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don’t have to work so time is unlimited! It’s Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you’d be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze?

My parents had a huge vegetable garden when I was a child. Altho I hated the weeding aspect of it, I really grew to appreciate fresh food. I used to have a large garden with tons of herbs and vegetables. I even canned my own tomatoes several times. I joined the local garden club and was just a test away from becoming a master gardener.

Since then I've had a child and I don't have the time to devote to the luxury of gardening. I now live in a townhome and miss the ability to plant perennials. My very large deck is my little oasis where I plant oodles of containers full of herbs and flowers and a few tomato plants. I just started knitting last October, so I really look forward to spending many hours sitting on my deck, knitting, and enjoying my plants.

No comments: